Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hope

My Dear Child, 
Do you know what hope is?
It's magic and it's free.
It's not a prescription.
It's not in an IV.
It punctuates our laughter.
It sparkles in our tears.
It simmers under sorrows.
It dissipates our fears.
Do you know what hope is?
It's reaching past today.
It's dreaming of tomorrow.
It's trying a new way.
It's pushing past impossible.
It's pounding down the door.
It's questioning the answer.
It's always seeking more.
It' rumours of a break.
It's whispers of a cure. 
A roller coaster ride.
Of remedies, unsure.
Do you know what hope is?
It's candy dor the soul. 
It's perfume for the spirit.
To share it makes you whole.
Take my hand, little one, 
Let's share this hope together!
Love, 
GiGi Jean

A letter came in the mail from my Grandma with this note to Connor...Just what I needed to read to remind myself that there is HOPE, and it can help me get through each day. Everyday is hard right now...Connor's vision is on my mind 24/7. I have so many unanswered questions, doctor's not agreeing...it is frustrating. I do know Connor is SO happy and when I look into his glasses I am reminded of how lucky I am to be his mom, I just hope and continuously pray we will soon find answers of why his eyes are the way they are.

4 comments:

Donelle Anderson said...

Awesome poem!!!

Hazelbug said...

What a fabulous grandma, mom, and little stud! Perfect poem! I know you always make the most of the situation....it'll all be okay. xo

The Switzer Ohana said...

What an amazing poem. We love you guys!

sherbear said...

Thanks for sharing that!