Friday, May 1, 2009

My Homemade Studio

Clever huh?

Hmm...Can I climb up this? Pull it down? 
Knock down the chairs? Throw up on it?

I love this lil man.

What? Sit? Here? Okay.

Wooooow...The guitar.

It's a little big for me to play like daddy does.

Oh...This is fun. It is prefect size for me to climb on.

You are torturing me right now. 
Are we done yet?

Have no clue what he is looking at - It was just the two of us.

Maybe he was day dreaming?

Kisses for the lion.

Mama's hat.

So I created my own studio as you can tell. A cute kid, random props from the house, awesome fabric from Joann's, 2 kitchen chairs, Home Depot clips, and a wonderful window letting in some sunshine = My first studio experience. No...I did not get this idea on my own. DrewB - A radical Photographer who is very inspiring gave me the idea. Put it this way, I wake up in the mornings to see if she posted new photos to her blog...good photos, yummy coffee and a cute muchkin (that would be my Connor) playing and giggling. That is my morning 7 days a week and there is no better way to wake up.
Today I learned...Children's studio shots are not easy, but quite entertaining and a wonderful workout. I have a feeling an assistant would be helpful :0)!!!! All in all, I got some awesome laughs, from myself and Connor, had fun watching Connor tear down the set-up over and over and learned lots about patience :0). 
If you have time...interest (i know some of you mommies love photos of your kids) check out DrewB Photography and/or blog! http://www.momtog.com/ She provides beautifl photos and awesome tips. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Oh yeah - and feel free to give me feedback...thats the only thing that helps me get better!
 

1 comment:

Donelle Anderson said...

Omigosh, that one of Connor in the basket is so funny and cute. Funny that he is sitting in there and cute because he just looks so dang cute! These are some great pics and love the studio! I need some better fabric for when I made an attempt at Halloween time to do an at home studio. However, my photography skills and equipment are not as good as yours.